Saturday, April 29, 2023

Willie, pitties, cookies and a house party

Rza, Sza, Cardi B and Paolo moved into their own cabin last week and are just lovin' it. They've got their own little house and a yard, almost like a real home. Everybody's doing good past their spay/neuter surgeries. I was worried about the girls, but they're tuff. It was Paolo who threw us for a scare. His incision came loose and had to be re-stitched. What he needed was a little Neosporin, Colloidal Silver and a few doses of Hypericum homeopathy.
I spent the whole day driving there listening to Willie Nelson..it's his 90th birthday and the station we listen to at Reunion Rescue 24/7 for the pit bulls is KUTX. Each year they play all Willie on the weekend to celebrate his birthday. So it was real extra special this year. What other artist does country, folk, rock 'n roll, gospel, soul, rhythm and blues and reggae...and all pretty dang good. So it was real spiritual driving to spend my regular Saturday with the Bakersfield 4. Willie really put me in the mood. I have a lot to be thankful for and plan on following Mr. Nelson right on up to nonagenarian country. I'm about to cross on over to septuagenarian-ville next year, so all's good.
I have two more chapters and the introduction to record for the Pit Bull Nation audiobook and it's pretty good if I say so myself. I wrote an afterward for this new special edition on sale tomorrow April 30. It features the Bakersfield 4 and how I have come to know them. The audiobook will follow soon, but has to go through the screening process first. Please stay tuned because I'm going to sell these books to pay for the Bakersfield 4 boarding. Feel free to share with a friend. This book has so much good information valuable dog stuff, from training to holistic health, how to feed raw and never go to the vet. Also how to get those dogs out of high kill shelters. It's a great book for not only pet owners but also new adopters, for shelters, for rescuers both old and new.
So here's to on the road again with Willie and blue skies...and listening to what the blues are saying..only my blues are pocket pittes and they are always, always on my mind. Enjoy the photos of their new house.

And please sign up for the new Reunion Rescue newsletter - organizing to #savelives just like the Bakersfield 4. 





























No comments:

Post a Comment