Friday, February 18, 2011

I am a passenger...


Today I got my article pulled. Why? Because I dared to speak up for the animals, the dead ones. There's a little shelter in Garland who keeps killing animals with rescue holds. How do I know? Because, they killed a momma dog with my own rescue hold on her. I left a message for the city paid manager, Oats and one for Luis Martinez and even had the counter guy type in the A# and my 501(c)(3) request to save the dog. They still went ahead and snuffed her and I'm still waiting on a call back.

I have been keeping an eye on this so called shelter since. They were forced to finally shut down their inhumane gas chamber by public pressure. Facebook pages, candlelight vigils, websites and petitions have been organized demanding the dismissal of Diane Oats, the city of Garland's hated shelter manager.

The argument with my piece was without source. I have sources, but in the vein of other so called un-credible journalists, I kept the privacy of my sources private. Anybody remember Deep Throat and the infamous articles by Carl Bernstein and Bob Woodward of the Washington Post...and a little thing called Watergate? Since when must sources be named?

Well, if I'm a so-called un-credible writer, then I'm in good company. When the bullet hits the bone, let me go down with the guys who took home the Pulitzer.

Until then, I'll be watching. The last time I watched a shelter, it ended up becoming a book. Whenever they'd kill an animal and think they'd gotten away with it, I'd plaster the city with posters with the story about the wronged animal.

My posters all had a big, black crow with an open beak and the letters C.A.W. across the top....Citizens' Animal Watch. It was just me, but I put those posters all over the bay. I put them in coffee shops. I nailed them up on telephone poles. I stapled them to plywood boards on closed down buildings. I posted them in surf shops and pet stores. I plastered them everywhere and they began to raise some hell.

I posted those posters in anger and in the spirit of Iggy Pop and Johnny Rotten. I put them up in the spirit of Neil Young and Tom Petty, Patti Smith and Gary Floyd. I posted them for every wronged person, every wronged animal. I promised those dead animals I would not be quiet and I never will be quiet.

So you can pull my little article. I'll sit here and wait for somebody else to step forward besides me and say something, for somebody else to say, 'hey, you can't kill that dog and get away with it.' Until then, I'm going to keep on typing, keep on posting, keep on answering letters and emails and keep on writing.

This is for the Doberman they killed at Garland Animal Services who rescue had spoken for. This one's for the American Eskimo dog they killed last week with two rescue holds which were ignored. This is for the momma dog I called and put a hold on with my 501(c)(3). This is for her and for all the other animals they will kill until somebody steps up and tells them to stop.

I will never shut up.

I am a passenger....oh, yeah....



"The Passenger"
Iggy Pop

I am the passenger and I ride and I ride
I ride through the city's backsides
I see the stars come out of the sky
Yeah, the bright and hollow sky
You know it looks so good tonight

I am the passenger
I stay under glass
I look through my window so bright
I see the stars come out tonight
I see the bright and hollow sky
Over the city's ripped backsides
And everything looks good tonight
Singing la la la la la.. lala la la, la la la la.. lala la la etc

Get into the car
We'll be the passenger
We'll ride through the city tonight
We'll see the city's ripped backsides
We'll see the bright and hollow sky
We'll see the stars that shine so bright
Stars made for us tonight

Oh, the passenger
How, how he rides
Oh, the passenger
He rides and he rides
He looks through his window
What does he see?
He sees the sign and hollow sky
He sees the stars come out tonight
He sees the city's ripped backsides
He sees the winding ocean drive
And everything was made for you and me
All of it was made for you and me
'Cause it just belongs to you and me
So let's take a ride and see what's mine
Singing la la la la.. lala la la [x3]

Oh the passenger
He rides and he rides
He sees things from under glass
He looks through his window side
He sees the things that he knows are his
He sees the bright and hollow sky
He sees the city sleep at night
He sees the stars are out tonight
And all of it is yours and mine
And all of it is yours and mine
So let's ride and ride and ride and ride
Oh, oh, Singing la la la la lalalala






Live Chat Software

No comments:

Post a Comment