Sunday, July 2, 2023

Feels like summer with the Bakersfield 4

I got to visit with the Bakersfield 4 yesterday afternoon and got a big surprise. Paolo has discovered his great big blue Cooleroo in the shade. What I saw was a dog who had no idea what a bed even was last week. I kept leading him up to the bed and he would stand there like "what do you want me to do?" But, this Saturday was a whole 'nother deal. He has claimed the blue bed as his own and naps throughout the day on it in the shade of his little house porch.

I see footprints on the terra cotta beds for the girls, so I know they're using them. While I'm there with them, though, the three girls are excited and jumping around. Everybody gets treats and chews and lots of hugs and kisses. I mentioned last week how I'd given the three girls nicknames. Dolores a.k.a. Dodo for Dorothy in the purple collar. Danger Mouse for Indica in the blue collar with the bow. And Chicken for Chiquita who keeps removing her collar. Tomboy, anyone? She really really answers to Chicken. I think she digs her new name. It suits her. I think she picked it out and somehow telepathically sent the message to me. And I got it, loud and clear. All three answer to their new nicknames. New names, new little house, new beds, new big red umbrella and new lives. Lots and lots of love and kisses.

I'm trying to come up with ideas how to keep them together in boarding. Last month in June I did a Reunion Rescue dog walk challenge and raise $240 toward their monthly boarding. I need ideas. Anybody have a suggestion?

For now here are this week's photos of four happy dogs, happy at long last.










No comments:

Post a Comment